This is mostly for me, so that I don’t have to keep looking up the long winded discussion about why this works – I just need to remember the steps.
- Prep a USB thumb drive for booting
- list disk – look for the thumb drive
- select disk # – use the # of the thumb drive
- clean – wipe all disk information
- create partition primary – create a new partition
- active – set the partition active
- format fs=fat32 quick – quick format for FAT32
- assign – give it a drive letter
If you’re looking for the long winded discussions, use the search icon next to the title.