MSN: Student fell to death after eating pot cookie
An autopsy report lists marijuana intoxication as a “significant contributing factor” in the death of 19-year-old Levy Thamba Pongi, a native of the Republic of Congo who fell from a motel balcony on March 11. […] The friends told investigators that Pongi ate the cookie and “exhibited hostile behavior” that included pulling things off walls and speaking erratically, the autopsy report said.
I call bullshit. I’ve seen tons of hostile behavior from various substances but never, ever pot. Have I seen someone try to break into a vending machine with a coat hanger? Yes, but it wasn’t hostile; it was methodical. Have I seen someone head butt a Mustang three times because he was jealous for something with his girlfriend? Yes, but that was because of alcohol. Have I seen someone pass out with a cigarette still in their mouth? Yep.
And also, why is this national newsworthy? Unless we’re saying we found the first known pot-induced angry young man… or because he’s underage for pot use? How many kids – last night alone – had violent issues caused by alcohol in Colorado? I bet the number is more than 1.
I think there was something else was going on with this kid that was left on the editing waste bin, in spite of the clean toxicology report.